It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
The Florida Community Health Worker Coalition (FCHWC) is a passionate group of volunteers dedicated to the promotion of the community health worker (CHW) profession in Florida. The FCHWC is a statewide partnership dedicated to the support and promotion of CHWs through collaboration, training, advocacy and leadership. On this page, you can familiarize yourself with the coalition at large and with each of the five sub-groups.
Coalition Work Groups
The Coalition has five working groups. They are listed below along with their goals.
- Promote the statewide CHW coalition
- Promote recognition of CHWs through branding
- Establish core elements of standards for curriculum
- Establish curriculum review panel
- Establish requirements for certification process/training requirements
- Enlist champions for systems change
- Find your elected officials
- Educate your elected officials about CHWs
- Promote interdisciplinary collaborative research activities that will support the profession Promote continuous outcomes data collection to support the profession of CHW in Florida through creation of common outcome measures
- Provide consistent input based on the practical experience of CHWs to further the goals and objectives of the Florida Community Health Worker Coalition