Vulnerable populations at risk for severe COVID-19:
Certain populations are at greater risk of progressing to severe disease and warrant more significant consideration for prophylaxis or treatment.
- Patients who are older (≥65 years), have comorbidities, or are immunocompromised are at higher risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19.
- When necessary, providers should prioritize treating patients at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 illness, including older and immunocompromised individuals and those with clinical risk factors.
The Florida Department of Health is working alongside the Office of the Attorney General to oversee compliance with these laws.
Public employers, including educational or governmental institutions, are prohibited from imposing COVID-19 vaccination mandates. Violations for public employers can be reported to the Florida Department of Health through VaxPassFreeFL@FLHealth.gov.
Private employers are prohibited from mandating COVID-19 vaccines for employees without opportunity for the employees to obtain an exemption. Florida employees can choose to be exempt from private employer vaccine mandates. Those forms can be found below:
- Medical Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccination
- Religious Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccination
- Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccination Based on COVID-19 Immunity
- Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccination Based on Periodic Testing
- Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccination Based on Employer-Provided Personal Protective Equipment