It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Logistical Systems and Deployable Resources
Logistics is the coordination of an operation or event involving people, facilities or supplies. To manage the flow, the Department of Health uses a variety of systems which are described below.
• Everbridge is the online alerting and notification system used to keep Public Health staff and Partners informed of events of public health significance. Everbridge is also used to deploy ESF-8 Responders.
• RediOp is the online system used to track deployed responders.
• WebEOC is an online mission management system. When local resources are exhausted, Counties may request additional resources from the state. WebEOC manages those requests.
• IRMS is the Inventory Resource Management System. IRMS is an online material management system used in conjunction with DOH state warehouses.
• ESF-8 Emergency Duty Group 1 Responders are designated staff with specific skills needed to respond to emergency situations.
• SNS is the Strategic National Stockpile. The federal government maintains the SNS which is large quantities of medicine and medical supplies to protect the public if there is a public health emergency (terrorist attack, flu outbreak, earthquake) severe enough to cause local supplies to run out. The Department of Health maintains a plan for utilizing the SNS in Florida and individual counties maintain plans for utilizing the assets locally.
• MRC Volunteers are individuals trained to respond to local Public Health & Medical events. Please use this registration link if you are interested in volunteering.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.