It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Until Help Arrives Training
- Respond to a manmade or natural disaster, or any other life-threatening emergency.
- Provide basic initial care and other assistance to supervisors prior to the arrival of uniformed emergency responders. This includes learning how to help someone who is:
- has a blocked airway;
- not breathing;
- has a burn;
- has hyperthermia/heat illness;
- is drowning.
- Offer support and comfort to individuals harmed by the emergency.
- Convey information and collaborate with emergency responders.
- Identify additional training, tools and other resources to enhance their response skills.
Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign and call-to-action. Stop the Bleed is intended to cultivate grassroots efforts that encourage bystanders to become trained, equipped, and empowered to help in a bleeding emergency before professional help arrives.
For more information, please visit the DOH Stop the Bleed Webpage