It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Office of Legislative Planning
The Office of Legislative Planning (OLP) is the primary liaison to the Florida Legislature and its committees, members, and staff. All proposed legislation by the Department will originate from OLP.
- Director: Charles Smith
- Deputy Director: Gangul Gabadage
- Legislative Coordinator: Sam Keshavarzi
What We Do
- Act as the primary liaison to the Florida Legislature and its committees, members, and staff.
- Coordinate and direct the Department's legislative agenda during the legislative session.
- Collaborate with divisions to develop the Department's annual legislative package.
- Analyze and track legislation that could potentially impact the Department.
- Communicate legislative issues to key internal stakeholders such as executive management team, division directors and legislative coordinators.
- Guide implementation of enrolled legislation and legislatively mandated reports.
- Assist legislators with resolution of constituent issues.