It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
2013 - 2014 Year in Review
Florida's Health Continues to Rise
The 2013-2014 year proved to be a monumental year for the health of the state of Florida. Thanks to the remarkable successes of our employees and partners across the state, Floridians are making healthier choices and improving the health of us all.
This annual report for the fiscal year 2013-2014 demonstrates the great impact that Department efforts have had on the public health of our great state. As we work together with all citizens and partners of the state of Florida, we will continue our march to become the healthiest state in the nation!
Features Highlighted in this Report:
- Healthy Weight is a Florida Lifestyle
- 2014 Marks 125 Years of Florida Public Health
- Public Health Heroes
- SWAT Wants Big Tobacco to Know: “We Are Not Replacements”
- Florida Health’s Efforts Across the State Prevent Disease & Injury
- Keeping Floridians Safe Through Emergency Preparedness, Response, & Training
- Public Health Outreach through Social Media
- Statewide Services, Healthiest Weight Highlights