It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Diabetes Prevention State Engagement Meeting (STEM)
Diabetes Prevention State Engagement Meeting
The Florida Department of Health partnered with the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors to host the Diabetes Prevention State Engagement meeting that was held on April 17-18, 2018 in Tallahassee, FL. The purpose of this meeting was to galvanize partners in Florida to increase awareness about type 2 diabetes, learn about the promising practices in our state and a call to collective action to prevent type 2 diabetes. The meeting focused on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s national effort to scale and sustain the National Diabetes Prevention Program to decrease new cases of type 2 diabetes.
This meeting addressed the drivers for scaling the National Diabetes Prevention Program:
- Increase awareness of prediabetes
- Increase coverage of the CDC-recognized lifestyle change program
- Increase clinical screening, testing, and referral to the CDC-recognized lifestyle change program
- Increase the availability of CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs
Resources shared at the Diabetes Prevention State Engagement meeting:
- Schumacher - National Landscape
- Forrest - Florida Landscape
- Kolb Ryan - Increasing the Availability of CDC-Recognized Lifestyle Change Programs
- Hatch Reimer - Integrating Patient Identification and Diabetes Prevention Program Referral into Clinical Systems
- Nemelka - The Evolving Value-Based Healthcare Landscape
- DiBennedetto - National DPP Coverage Toolkit