It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Protect Against Heart Disease
How can I protect myself and my family?
You can prevent heart disease by practicing healthy living habits and preventing or treating medical conditions. These include:
- Eating a healthy diet
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Getting enough physical activity
- Not smoking
- Limiting alcohol use
- Checking your cholesterol
- Controlling your blood pressure
- Managing your diabetes
- Taking your medicine
- Talking with your health care team
To learn more about heart disease, its risk factors, and how you can reduce your risk visit the websites listed below:
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health
- Lifestyle Change Program for Persons with Disabilities
- Guidance for Being Physically Active for Someone in a Wheelchair