It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
TB Control Section
Florida Department of Health
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A-20
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
The information within these publications is designed to bring knowledge to professional providers regarding Tuberculosis. If you are a non-professional who has made your way to this page in error please access our publications page for the general public.
Infection Control and Prevention Resources
Infection Control & Prevention | TB Guidelines by Topic | Publications & Products | TB | CDC
Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Settings, 2005
TB Screening and Testing for Health Care Workers
The Department of Health TB Control Section does not regulate health care facilities. Therefore, we do not mandate routine screening for health care workers in Florida. We do support the latest recommendations for Tuberculosis Screening, Testing, and Treatment of U.S. Health Care Personnel.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Care Personnel (HCP) Baseline Individual TB Risk Assessment (cdc.gov)
- TB Screening and Testing of Health Care Personnel
Please contact the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), Bureau of Health Facility Regulation by email to BHFR@ahca.myflorida.com or via phone at (850) 412-4402 for regulations specific to your health care settings of interest. AHCA does require certain health care facilities to continue performing annual testing despite the latest recommendations from CDC. Examples of these settings include, but are not limited to:
- Adult Family Care Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Staff employed in an Intermediate Care Facility for Developmentally Disabled must obtain and present a Communicable Disease Annual Medical Certification from a physician.
Other Professional Resources and Tools from CDC
Professional Resources & Tools | TB | CDCCDC-INFO on Demand - Publications (filter to Tuberculosis for Health Care Providers or Patients)
Interactive Core Curriculum on Tuberculosis: What the Clinician Should Know (interactive)
TB Testing & Diagnosis resources
CDC’s TB Guidelines
TB Respiratory Protection Program in Health Care Facilities - Administrators Guide (NIOSH)
- TB Respiratory Protection Program in Health Care Facilities - Administrators Guide (September 1999), also can be downloaded from NIOSH.
- Law Enforcement-Florida Statutes for TB:
- Interactive Core Curriculum on Tuberculosis, What the Clinician Should Know CD ROM Edition (2004) (link to current document): Training guide on clinical and public health aspects of TB control. May be used for professional licensure credits as self-study program through CDC's distance learning program and is also available on-line from CDC.
- TB Information Guide (link to current document): CD-ROM containing TB educational materials; major TB guidelines; MMWRs; surveillance reports and slide sets. Can also order via CDC with on-line order of many more materials.
- Taking Precautions Against Tuberculosis-Healthcare Staff Handbook (2001) (link to current document).
- TB Targeted Testing and Treatment for Latent TB Infection (LTBI) 2005 (link to current document): Revised guidelines for targeted testing and treatment for LTBI.
Connect with DOH