It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Genetic CounselingOfficeMailing Address
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3258
Florida Department of Health Genetic Counseling
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330
Your license will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, December 31, 2023. At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known address of record. You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
The department has made every effort to include the information you need to renew your license on this website. You can visit our Help Center, Resources, and Applications and Forms page for frequently asked questions, links, forms, and other helpful information. If you have additional questions about your renewal process, please contact a renewal specialist.
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
A complete application and fee are required to be submitted online or postmarked by mail no later than midnight on the expiration date to avoid your license from becoming delinquent or null and void.
The department will renew your license upon:
- Receipt of a complete renewal application along with a $5.00 unlicensed activity fee.
- Uploading a copy of an active certification from the American Board of Genetic Counseling, Inc.(ABGC) to CEBroker.com
- Uploading proof of completion of a 2-hour prevention of medical errors course.
Connect with DOH