It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
EMS Training and Education Programs
Notice to Paramedic Students!
The State of Florida uses the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) examination for its cognitive examination. NREMT requires that all paramedic students graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited Paramedic program (or an education program that has been issued a CoAEMSP "Letter of Review") that meets or exceeds the National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Paramedic. Students that enter a paramedic program that is not accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) will not be eligible for national EMS certification through the NREMT, reciprocity in states that require national EMS program accreditation, or State of Florida Paramedic Certification.
If in doubt, check them out: https://www.caahep.org/students/find-an-accredited-program
Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic School Pass/Fail Rates
Requirements of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Educational Programs
- Meet all applicable requirements of the Florida Department of Education as applicable
- Submit a complete application for Approval of an EMS Training Program - Editable Version
- Successfully demonstrate documentation of course requirements as outlined in Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Code and National EMS Education Standards during on-site visit for each location
Initial Educational and Continuing Education Programs
- Continuing Education Approved by the EMS Program
- Military EMT and Paramedic Certification
- CPR/ACLS Courses Deemed Equivalent to American Heart Association or American Red Cross Courses for EMTs and Paramedics
- Application for Approval as an initial EMS Training Program - Editable Version
- Continuing Education application - Editable Version
- CPR/ACLS equivalent application
- EMS Webinar Meeting Schedule
To view, print or edit some of the files on this page may require Adobe Acrobat. Download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.