It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Medical Quality Assurance Services
2023 Annual Long-Range Planning Meeting
The Division of Medical Quality Assurance is planning for the future.
We are inviting our most valued partners to join discussions with our organization about the trends impacting the regulation of health care in the state of Florida, as well as what we do well, where we could do better, and what our priorities should be to better protect, promote, and improve the health of all Floridians.
For more information, please visit https://www.flhealthsource.gov/2023-long-range-planning-meeting.
Many Medical Physicists Facing Discipline by the Department Claim They Did Not Know
Not knowing does not alleviate accountability. Become familiar with the Grounds for Discipline found in Section 456.072(1), Florida Statutes (F.S.), and possible Disciplinary Actions found in the Medical Physicist Practice Act – Section 483.901(6)(g), F.S.
New MQA Online Services Portal is Here
When you use the new MQA Online Services Portal for the first time, you will be required to register for a new user account and link your existing health care licenses or previously submitted applications to your account. This is a one-time process that takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Just follow these five easy steps:
- Get started. Visit www.FLHealthSource.gov and select ONLINE SERVICES from the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Register for a new user account. Click “REGISTER” and select your Board and Profession from the dropdown menu (Note: not all boards and professions are available for registration at this time). Once on the registration screen, follow the prompts for new user registration using a valid, active email address.
- Confirm your account. Check your email and locate the email containing your new account user ID and temporary password.
- Login to your new account. Using your temporary password and user ID provided in the email, log in to your account. You will be prompted to create a new password for your account. Enter the temporary password in the “Old Password” field and create a new password based on the provided guidelines.
- Link your license to your account. Once logged in, you will be prompted to link any existing health care licenses and previously submitted applications to your account or apply for a new license. Follow the MQA Online Quick Start prompts to link, or onboard, your license or application using your social security number, date of birth, and mailing address zip code. If you are a new applicant, select “No” and follow the prompts to apply for a health care practitioner license.
For more information and frequently asked questions, please visit www.FLHealthSource.gov/mqa-services-faqs.
Notice to Licensees About Fraudulent DocumentsThe department is aware that documents purportedly originating from DOH requesting information of a sensitive nature have been received by members of the public. These documents request licensees share information that may be used to commit fraud against a licensee or patient. DOH is committed to protecting the integrity of DOH licensees and consumers. The DOH Office of Inspector General is in contact with the Agency for Health Care Administration and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate fraud perpetrated on our licensees.
Should you receive a document that appears to be from DOH, but you believe may be fraudulent, you may contact your local law enforcement agency or you may contact DOH at 850-488-0595 for instructions on how to proceed. Your cooperation and assistance is vital in protecting the continued integrity of DOH licensees and our consumers.
Connect with DOH