It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Council on Radiation Protection
Address: Department of Health
Licensure Support Services
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3260
Fax number: 850-245-4791
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
12 Hours Total are Required for Radiologic Technologist
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|HIV/AIDS Educational Course||1|
HIV/AIDS Educational Course
- You must complete a DOH approved one hour HIV/AIDS update course or read "Florida's Omnibus AIDS Act: A BriefLegal Guide for Health Care Professionals"
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Providers are approved by the Department of Health, Bureau of Radiation Control. A complete list of approved Providers can be found by visiting https://radtechceproviders.floridahealth.gov/
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- No other methods for this profession
- No more than 3 of the 12 CE's may be classified as personal development, which are courses not directly related to your field of practice, such as CPR.
- The balance of hours must be classified as technical radiation protection, equipment operation, etc.
- All continuing education used to renew a certificate must have been earned in the current renewal cycle and the same course cannot be repeated in the same cycle.
- The ASRT submits CE information to FL monthly (approximately mid-month) for their members who hold current Florida certification.
- If you have received your renewal notice and your CE information is not current, you may fax CE to our office at (850) 245-4791. We cannot accept CE from you except during this period.