It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Governor DeSantis Approves Budget to Continue Improving Public Health in Florida
June 02, 2021
Tallahassee, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis continued his commitment to building a healthier Florida through significant investments during the 2021 Legislative Session.
Funding secured in the 2021 Florida Legislative Session includes:
- $127.3 million to combat the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Florida through prevention, surveillance and treatment efforts.
- $9 million to support the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity. This will strengthen the office's infrastructure and implement strategies to expand partnerships, advance health equity, and reduce health disparities among minority populations in Florida.
- $7.8 million to purchase pharmaceuticals for the Florida Department of Corrections' public health efforts.
- $4 million for an innovative technology customer service solution to better meet the needs and improve the quality of services provided to Florida's consumers, applicants and licensed health care practitioners.
- $1 million to maintain the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine's Florida Stroke Registry to improve the quality of stroke care throughout Florida.
"Thanks to the support of Governor DeSantis and the Florida Legislature, the Department of Health will continue to make key investments in the health and wellbeing of Floridians over the coming year,” said State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees. "Funding to improve the lives of our residents is more important now than ever before. With the leadership of Governor DeSantis, I know we will continue to build a healthier Florida.”
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.