It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
About CMS Plan
To protect, promote and improve the health of children up to age 21 with chronic and serious physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions through a comprehensive system of care.
To provide children up to age 21 with special health care needs a family-centered, culturally competent, comprehensive and coordinated statewide managed system of care that links community-based care with multidisciplinary, regional and tertiary pediatric specialty care.
- Each member has a care coordinator to assist them and their family to navigate through the health system.
- Members receive medically necessary, high quality services.
- Members have access to a wide-range of primary, specialty and facility providers throughout Florida.
- Members are educated on preventive health services and disease management.
- Provider requests for service authorizations and payments are processed timely, which will lead to appropriate utilization of services.