It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Locating Vaccination Records
Tips for Locating Vaccination Records for Adults
Immunization records that exist for adults are usually records that were provided to their parents when they received vaccines as children and in the adult’s medical record of the physician or clinic where vaccines were given. There is no national database that maintains the immunization records for adults.
If official copies of immunization records are needed or if there is a desire to update personal records, the following places may provide some assistance to obtaining these records:
- Request immunization records from parents or caregivers if they still have them.
- Search baby books or other saved documents from childhood
- Contact the high school and/or college health services attended for dates of any immunizations received. Please be advised that records are only maintained for a certain length of time.
- Contact previous employers (including the military) that may have required immunizations for employment purposes.
- Contact your health care provider or county health department. Please be advised that records are maintained by the health care provider’s office for a limited number of years.
- Check with the county health department to determine if you have immunizations recorded in the Florida SHOTS™ system.
If Unable to Locate Immunization Records
After taking the actions above and you are still unable to locate the adult immunization records, your health care provider may be able to perform blood tests (titer testing) to determine if you have immunity to some vaccine-preventable diseases. You may need to receive some vaccines again, which is safe.
Submit your request directly to Florida SHOTS: You can request your vaccination records directly from Florida SHOTS by filling out the Florida Department of Health form – DH3203 Authorization to Disclose Confidential Information form online, electronically sign and submit it.
To fill out the form online and submit, click here.