It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Suicide Prevention Links
Contact the Violence and Injury Prevention Section
Violence and Injury Prevention Section
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Florida Department of Health of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Florida Department of Health bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Florida Department of Education: Safe Schools-Suicide Prevention
- Florida Suicide Prevention Coalition
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center—Best Practices Registry
Suicide Prevention Crisis Lines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-272-8255 Press 1
Toolkits & Resource Guides
- Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools
- Promoting Emotional Health and Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for Senior Living Communities
- Roles in Suicide Prevention: Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Suicide Prevention Online Training
These online training courses are provided by the Suicide Prevention Resource Center and are offered at no charge.
- Youth Suicide Prevention School-Based Guide
Suicide prevention interventions such as safety planning, evidence-based treatments, and therapies delivered by trained providers.
- Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR)
- CALM: Counseling on Access to Lethal Means
- Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS)
- Experiential Trainings on the Chronological Assessment of Suicide Events (CASE Approach)
- Recognizing & Responding to Suicide Risk (RRSR): Essential Skills for Clinicians
In the workplace: