It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
PIER Committee (Public Information Education Relations)
A Florida EMS Advisory Council Committee
EMSAC Mission: To facilitate and promote the best emergency medical care to the residents and visitors of Florida.
EMSAC Vision: A uniform EMS system that provides evidence-based prehospital care to the people of Florida and serves as the recognized leader in EMS response nationwide.
EMSAC Values: Customer service and satisfaction, public welfare and safety, collaboration, ethics, quality improvement, evidence-based medicine and education.
PIER - EMS State Plan 2022-2026 Objectives (I-IV)
General access to helpful information:
II. Motor Vehicles
Florida Department of Transportation Safety Programs (new window)
- Community Traffic Safety Teams (new window)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (new window)
- Traffic Safety Marketing (new window) site by NHTSA
- FDOT Bike/Pedestrian page (new window)
- Alert Today Florida (new window)
- WalkWise (new window) Community Education Program
- Safe Routes to School (new window)
Adult Passenger Safety
- CarFit program / certification (new window)
Teen Safe Driver
- Florida Teen Safe Driver Coalition (new window)
- Florida Highway Safety Motor Vehicle Click it or Ticket (new window)
- CDC on Seat Belts (new window)
- SAFEKIDS Worldwide Seat Belt safety for children (new window)
III. Falls Prevention
- STEADI Toolkit (new window) CDC online training for health care providers
- National Council on Aging (new window)
- Senior focused exercise programs that may be available in your local region:
- Older Adult Falls Program
- Best Practice Flyer: Trauma Agency Health-Care District Palm Beach County (Can be used as a training guide)