It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Reports and Publications
Diabetes Legislative Report
Florida law requires the Florida Diabetes Advisory Council, in conjunction with the Department of Health, the Agency for Health Care Administration, and the Department of Management Services, to prepare a biennial report on diabetes. On January 10, 2017, the first report was delivered to the Governor, Speaker of the House, and President of the Senate. The report included:
- Public health consequences of diabetes
- Financial impact on the state of all types of diabetes, including Medicaid, DMS Division of State Group Insurance, and other state agency diabetes programs and activities
- Costs and effectiveness of current state programs for managing, treating, and preventing all types of diabetes
- Action plan for preventing, reducing, and controlling diabetes
- Expected outcomes if the action plan is implemented
Several states have adopted legislation requiring similar reports. Reviewing these reports is a valuable and informative step in preparing Florida’s report.
The next Diabetes Legislative Report is due to the Governor, Speaker of the House, and President of the Senate on January 10, 2023. This report is currently being drafted by the Department of Health, The Agency for Health Care Administration, and the Department of Management Services.