It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Cancer Center of Excellence Designation
The goals are to encourage excellence in cancer care, attract and retain the best cancer care providers to the state, and help Florida providers be recognized nationally as a preferred destination for quality cancer care.
The Cancer Center of Excellence Designation recognizes providers that exceed service standards and excel in providing quality, comprehensive and patient-coordinated care.
A Joint Committee comprised of members from the Cancer Control and Research Advisory Council, and members from the Biomedical Research Advisory Council develops rigorous standards, a rating system and a rating standard. An annual status report is submitted to the Legislature by December 15th annually. The performance standards are reviewed at least every three years and were last updated in November 2019 by the Joint Committee.
Organizations that have Received the Designation as a Cancer Center of Excellence:
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Mayo Clinic Florida
- University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Florida Health Cancer Center, which includes University of Florida Health Shands Hospital, University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute and Orlando Health's Orlando Regional Medical Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute and Florida Atlantic University
- Cleveland Clinic Florida Maroone Cancer Center
2023 Spring Application Cycle
First Cycle: Opens February 01 and ends May 05, 2023