It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Information for Dispensers
In accordance with Section 893.055(3)(a), dispensers are required to report controlled substance dispensing information by the close of the next business day or have a Notification of Exemption from Reporting on file with Florida’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP), E-FORCSE®. Dispensers without controlled substance dispensing activity that do not have a Notification of Exemption from Reporting on file must submit a zero report daily.
Pursuant to section 893.055(9), Florida Statutes, a person who willfully and knowingly fails to report the dispensing of a controlled substance as required by this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
- Review the
- Report controlled substance dispensing information by the close of the next business day or submit a zero report, following the directions in the Data Submission Guide linked above.
Notification of Exemption from ReportingA dispenser may submit a Notification of Exemption from Reporting if they meet one of the criteria below.
- Dispenser is registered with the regulatory board as a pharmacy or dispensing health care practitioner but does not dispense controlled substances as defined in section 893.055(1)(c), Florida Statutes, in or into the state of Florida.
- Controlled substances are administered directly to a patient (i.e. Institutional Pharmacy Permits or dispensing health care practitioners).
- Controlled substances are dispensed within the health care system of the Department of Corrections.
- Controlled substances are only dispensed to a person under the age of 16.
- Dispenser is a newly permitted pharmacy under Chapter 465, Florida Statutes, awaiting issuance of a Drug Enforcement Administration registration number.
- Dispenser is awaiting renewal of an expired DEA registration, and is not currently dispensing controlled substances.
To submit a Notification of Exemption from Reporting, click the link below.