It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Funding the E-FORCSE Database
Since implementation of the PDMP in 2009, there have been five sources of funding for the administration of the program, as outlined below. The Department remains committed to exploring innovative options for identifying projects and securing funds for the PDMP, and stands ready to work alongside our stakeholders and partners to ensure the future of the program.
- Division of Medical Quality Assurance Trust Fund - With the passage of House Bill 5001, the 2020 Florida Legislature transferred the PDMP budget appropriation of $1,585,478 from General Revenue to the Division of Medical Quality Assurance Trust Fund (MQA TF) . The PDMP’s expenditures from the MQA TF will be allocated to the professions that prescribe and dispense controlled substances and the allocation will be made based on a calculation of the number of licensees per profession and the number of registered PDMP users per profession. The allocations will be reviewed and updated on a quarterly basis by the Division’s budget office.
- General Revenue - The Florida Legislature authorized general revenue appropriations of $500,000 for administration of the PDMP for FY2013-14, FY2015-16, FY2016-17 and FY2017-18; $990,089 was appropriated for FY2018-19; and $1,702,441 was appropriated for FY2019-20.
- Private Fundraising - The Florida PDMP Foundation (Foundation), Inc., is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization incorporated with the Florida Department of State. The Foundation operates as a direct support organization for the Department to provide funding and support for the PDMP. Since its formation, the Foundation has raised over $2.2 million and has provided $1,010,513 to fund the administration of the PDMP.
- Federal Grants - The PDMP has been awarded eight federal grants totaling $5,237,319 which were based on specific projects outlined in the grant application and only a limited portion (if any) may be used to offset infrastructure, personnel, and facility expenses. Of the eight federal grants awarded, the PDMP has accepted six Harold Rogers PDMP grants from the Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance; one grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; and one grant from the CDC.
- Private Grants - The PDMP was awarded three grant awards from the National Association of State Controlled Substance Authorities totaling $49,952. These private grant funds were used to create a website, to purchase office equipment, and to purchase promotional items.