It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
SAME DAY Program
The SAME DAY program was initiated for uninsured clients to have immediate access to most medications and vaccines that needed to be started on the same day or soon after the prescription is written. If you are an uninsured ADAP client, you can use the SAME DAY card to get certain prescription medications and vaccines you need right away.
Important Information about SAME DAY:
- SAME DAY drugs must be on the ADAP formulary
- Your provider must send your SAME DAY prescription to a participating pharmacy.
- You must present your SAME DAY ID card at the pharmacy.
- The program does not cover HIV antiretroviral or hepatitis drugs.
- Vaccines may not be available at all locations. Contact your pharmacy to confirm they can provide your vaccine.
- This program does not replace CVS Specialty services. You will keep receiving your regular medications from CVS Specialty.
You will need a SAME DAY ID card to use SAME DAY services. CVS will mail you your SAME DAY ID card. If you haven’t received it or need a replacement, your local ADAP office can print one for you.
Check out our printable SAME DAY palm card for quick information on using the program. Please note: This is not a SAME DAY ID card!
For more information, call the ADAP state health office at 844-381-2327 Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET
ADAP SAME DAY is intended to offer flexibility for ADAP clients. Ryan White Part A or Part B and other local assistance programs can keep using local processes to provide same-day medications.
Overview for CHDs and Providers: SAME DAY program FAQ.