It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
The Prescription Drug Donation Repository Program also known as Rx Connects, held an informational webinar on September 14, 2022, for entities interested in becoming donors. If you are interested in becoming a donor, please email PrescriptionDrugDonationProgram@FlHealth.gov
Thank you for your interest in becoming a drug or supply donor in the Florida Rx Connects program.
In addition to the eligibility criteria stated on previous web pages, donors must agree to the following:
An eligible donor may only donate a prescription drug or supply to a repository if:
- The donor has obtained written approval (email or mail) from a participating repository prior to shipping any donated drugs or supplies.
- The drug is approved for medical use in the United States.
- The drug is in unopened, tamper-evident packaging.
- The drug requires storage at normal room temperature per the manufacturer or federal storage requirements.
- The drug has been stored according to manufacturer or federal storage requirements.
- The drug does not have any physical signs of tampering or adulteration and there is no reason to believe that the drug is adulterated.
- The packaging does not have any physical signs of tampering, misbranding, deterioration, compromised integrity, or adulteration.
- The packaging indicates the expiration date of the drug. If the lot number is not retrievable, all specified medications must be destroyed.
- The drug has an expiration date that is more than 3 months after the date on which the drug was donated.
- Donations are made on the premises of a repository to a person designated by the repository. A drop box may not be used to accept donations. Donations approved by the receiving repository may be shipped.
A prescription drug or supply may not be donated to a specific patient.
The Department of Health may facilitate the redistribution of donations between repositories.
If you would like additional information about becoming a donor, please click here for the Donation form. You may also wish to reference the Florida Rx Connects Handbook.
Questions may be sent to: PrescriptionDrugRepositoryProgram@FLHealth.gov. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.