It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Mental Health Resources and Trainings
Contact the Violence and Injury Prevention Section
Violence and Injury Prevention Section
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399
- Mental Health Resources (fldoe.org)
- Mental Health Resources - Mental Health First Aid
- Mental Health Awareness | American Institutes for Research (air.org)
- Child Mind Institute | Transforming Children's Lives
- Mental Health Resource Center | The Jed Foundation
- Well Beings
- Verywell Mind - Know More. Live Brighter
- Mental Health Support, Resources & Information | HealthyPlace
- Trauma and Toxic Stress CPEIP (fsu.edu)
- Infant Mental Health - PSYCH-MENTAL HEALTH HUB (pmhealthnp.com)
- Mental Health Resources For Adolescents and Young Adults – SAHM (adolescenthealth.org)
- Drug Facts | NIDA for Teens (drugabuse.gov)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) (nih.gov)
- Mental Health America | Homepage | Mental Health America (mhanational.org)
Apps and Videos
SmokingSmoking is not good for mental health. Reducing or quitting smoking can be hard on one’s mental health — at least in the short-term. The smoking rates of people with mental illness far exceeds that of the general public. Learn how to take care of your mental health while quitting smoking at www.tobaccofreeflorida.com/mentalhealth.
- Tobacco Free Florida | Florida Department of Health (floridahealth.gov)
- TFF-Collateral Mental Health Rack Card
- TFF-Mental Health-Mental Wealth-Rack-Card
- TheFactsYourFuture.org - provides content that schools, teachers, parents, and other stakeholders can download and use to educate children on substance abuse prevention.
- Conversations in Your Community | MentalHealth.gov - provides tools to start a conversation about mental health in your community.
- Suicide Prevention Links | Florida Department of Health (floridahealth.gov)
- Mental Health Education | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Free Mental Health Trainings | Talkable Communities | Northeast Florida
- Training Library - Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association/ Florida Behavioral Health Association (fadaa.org)
- Understanding ACEs Webinar (familyjusticecenter.org)
- Screening for and Addressing ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) Webinar Series - Primary Care Development Corporation (pcdc.org)
- The Center for Resiliency, Hope, and Wellness in Schools (traumaawareschools.org)
- Trauma-informed Care - National Council for Mental Wellbeing (thenationalcouncil.org)
- Online Training & Resource Center (nationalcenterdvtraumamh.org)
- Center for Prevention & Early Intervention Policy CPEIP (fsu.edu)