- Things to Know When Getting a Tattoo
- Tattooing Frequently Asked Questions
- Tattoo Artist Licensure
- Tattoo Establishment Licensure Requirements
- Tattooing Educational Courses
- Microblading/Permanent Cosmetics
- County Contact Information
- Guest Tattoo Artist Registration
- Temporary Tattoo Event or Convention Checklist
- Black Henna
- Black Henna Tattoo Form
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Tattoo Artist Renewal
Guest Tattoo Artist Registration
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.
A guest tattoo artist registration is required for any tattoo artist who plans to tattoo in Florida and who also holds an active tattoo artist license, registration, or certification issued by a jurisdiction outside Florida. In addition, the tattoo artist is required to have completed a Bloodborne Pathogen and Communicable Diseases training that is comparable or exeeding those requirements specified in sectionRule 64E-28.006, Florida Administrative Code.
A Guest Tattoo Artist Registration Guide is available for tattoo artists from outside Florida. This guide will assist tattoo artist from outside Florida with the Guest Tattoo Artist Registration process. You may access this guide using the following link: Guest Tattoo Artist Registration Guide.
STOP! BEFORE YOU APPLY, ENSURE YOU QUALIFY!
Review the Guest Tattoo Artist Registration Guide to ensure Florida will recognize your state’s tattoo artist license. Submission of the wrong application will delay your licensure.
A Guest Tattoo Registration requires the following:
- Completed Application for Guest Tattoo Artist Registration. ($35).
- The Application must be completed with the name of the licensed tattoo establishment where the tattoo artist will perform tattooing or intends to perform tattooing.
- At least 18 years of age
- Copy of government-issued photo ID
- Proof of active license, registration, or certification outside of Florida
- Documentation of completed Tattoo Education Course or Florida Department of Health approved substitute course. (bloodborne pathogen and communicable diseases course; requires at least 70% score)
Where to send required items:
Send the completed application, supporting documentation, and fee to the County Health Department that has jurisdiction of the tattooing program in the county where you will be practicing or intend to practice.
Guest registration is valid up to 14 consecutive days in Florida.
If your state does not require a tattoo artist license registration or certification, you must apply for a Florida Tattoo Artist License.