- Tattoo Establishment Licensure Requirements
- Tattoo Artist Licensure
- Tattooing Educational Courses
- Black Henna
- Black Henna Tattoo Form
- Temporary Tattoo Event or Convention Checklist
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- County Contact Information
- Tattooing Frequently Asked Questions
- Guest Tattoo Artist Registration
- Microblading/Permanent Cosmetics
- Things to Know When Getting a Tattoo
Guest Tattoo Artist Registration
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.
A guest tattoo artist registration is required for any tattoo artist who plans to tattoo in Florida and who also holds an active tattoo artist license, registration, or certification issued by a jurisdiction outside Florida. In addition, the tattoo artist is required to have completed a Bloodborne Pathogen and Communicable Diseases training that is comparable or exeeding those requirements specified in section Rule 64E-28.006, Florida Administrative Code. (<1 mb PDF)
A Guest Tattoo Artist Registration Guide is available for tattoo artists from outside Florida. This guide will assist tattoo artist from outside Florida with the Guest Tattoo Artist Registration process. You may access this guide using the following link: Guest Tattoo Artist Registration Guide. (<1 mb PDF)
A Guest Tattoo Registration requires the following:
- Completed Application for Guest Tattoo Artist Registration. (<1 mb PDF) ($35).
- The Application must be completed with the name of the licensed tattoo establishment where the tattoo artist will perform tattooing or intends to perform tattooing.
- At least 18 years of age
- Copy of government-issued photo ID
- Proof of active license,registration, or certification outside of Florida
- Documentation of completed Tattoo Education Course or Florida Department of Health approved substitute course. (bloodborne pathogen and communicable diseases course; requires at least 70% score)
Where to send required items:
Send thecompleted application, supporting documentation, and fee to the County Health Department that has jurisdiction of the tattooing program in the county where you will be practicing or intend to practice.
Guest registration is valid up to 14 consecutive days in Florida.
If your state does not require a tattoo artist license registration or certification, you must apply for a Florida Tattoo Artist License. (<1 mb PDF)