It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
- County Health Department Administrators/Directors
- Disease Control and Health Protection
- Emergency Preparedness and Community Support
- Environmental Health
- Health Administration
- Health Promotion and Health Policy
- Public Health Clinical Practice
- Public Health Nursing
- Veterans' Preference
- Veterans' Preference
- Careers at the Department of Health
County Health Department Administrators/Directors
The Florida Department of Health:Contact
The service delivery arm of Florida’s public health system is comprised of 67 county health departments. Each county health department is overseen by an administrator or a director who is responsible for the management and daily operations oversight of all public health programs in that community, as outlined in Chapter 154.04, Florida Statutes . This position is appointed by the State Surgeon General and Secretary of the Department of Health after the concurrence of the local governing body.
Senior level executives that have a passion for public health and prevention with extensive experience in core public health practices and principles are encouraged to apply.
The Florida Department of Health is seeking senior level executives that have a passion for public health and prevention with extensive experience in core public health practices and principles for the following positions:
- Duval County Health Department Director - Must be a physician that currently holds, or is eligible for, a Florida Medical license. Jacksonville offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities that is a dynamic and progressive city.
Position details and how to apply are on the People First website.
- Dixie/Gilchrist/Levy County Health Department Administrator - Administrator oversees three county health departments in North Central Florida. The Florida towns of Cross City, Bronson, and Trenton have wildlife, outdoor recreational opportunities with nearby freshwater springs and rivers.
- Escambia County Health Director or Administrator - A preferred Director candidate is a physician that currently holds, or is eligible for, a Florida Medical license. Pensacola is the westernmost city in the Florida Panhandle and has a mild climate to enjoy the Gulf of Mexico, local bays, creeks, and rivers. Will also consider candidates with a masters’ degree and extensive experience in the management and administration of public health programs.