Attention Uninsured ADAP Clients!
Florida Health is changing the way some of our clients receive their medication. To find out if this affects you – and what you need to know if it does – please visit our Specialty Pharmacy Services page.
AIDS Drugs Assistance Program
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) is a statewide, federally funded prescription medication program for low income people living with HIV. This program provides medications to uninsured or underinsured individuals living with HIV, authorized under 42 U.S.C. § 300ff-26. Services are provided through the distribution of medication directly to eligible clients or by purchase of health insurance that includes coverage for HIV/AIDS medications.
Our mission is to provide access to HIV-related prescription drugs, disease management expertise, and support services to our clients in the most cost-effective manner.
If you are HIV positive and:
- In need of HIV/AIDS prescriptions.
- Have income at 400% or less of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Are uninsured or do not have adequate prescription coverage.
- Are not confined to a hospital, nursing home, hospice, or correctional facility.
ADAP Can Help!
In order to enroll in Florida ADAP Program, follow these steps
- Apply for Eligibility
- Schedule your ADAP appointment
- Enroll in ADAP
- Get your prescriptions filled
Learn more about the prescriptions we provide
Please visit our Formulary Page. Our formulary includes treatment for HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infections.
There are several ways to contact us.
- Call your local County Health Department and speak with an ADAP staff member
- Call Florida HIV/AIDS Hotline
- English: 1-800-352-2437 (1-800-FLA-AIDS)
- Spanish: 1-800-545-7432 (1-800-545-SIDA)
- Creole: 1-800-2437-101 (1-800-AIDS-101)
- TTY: 1-888-503-7118