It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Management & Prevention
Taking an active role in your epilepsy can be an important part of helping to reduce your seizures and feel more in control of your condition. Learning about how your epilepsy affects you, being able to get involved and able to make informed choices about managing your treatment, is all part of this.
Having a good relationship with your healthcare professionals can also help, including neurologist and epilepsy nurse (if you have one), and pharmacist. The link below will redirect you to the Epilepsy Foundation which offers a plethora of management tools and resources to effectively manage your epilepsy. Visit https://www.epilepsy.com/learn/managing-your-epilepsy for additional information.
- Seek assistance for traumatic brain injuries, if they happen.
- Taking good care of the injury may help to avoid epilepsy.
- Getting regular health checkups may help you prevent and find diseases.
- Lower the chances of stroke and heart disease.
- Stay healthy during your pregnancy.
- Some health issues during pregnancy and childbirth can lead to epilepsy.
Click here for additional information on preventive measures.