It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Adobe ReaderAll pdfs on this page open in a new window and are < 1mb unless otherwise indicated.
Each year, Florida participates in the National Radon Video Contest. The videos will be shared nationwide to promote radon awareness and testing of homes, schools and other buildings during National Radon Action Month in January and throughout the year. For questions contact the Radon Program at 800-543-8279.
To enter the contest, upload your original video to YouTube and email a completed Video Submission Form to the Radon and Indoor Air Program. Each participant in a group that creates one submission must submit a completed Video Submission Form.
Please see the Contest Rules for further rules details.
Example Video Topics
• What is radon?
• Where does radon come from?
• How does radon get into our homes?
• Radon can cause lung cancer.
• Test your home for radon, save a life.
• Content accuracy on radon.
• Ability to effectively tell a story.
• Overall impression/impact.
• Audio and visual quality.
• Video submission form completely filled out.
• Be an original video by students 14-18 years
• Does not include copyrighted characters, product
logos and trademarked or brand names.
•Video must be no longer than 30 seconds.
• Must not infringe on intellectual property rights.
• Must be factually correct and should be in the style
of a public service announcement themed around
promoting public awareness of radon gas risks and
• The title of the video as uploaded to YouTube must
be the same as the title entered on the Video
• Shall not contain violence, profanity or direct
attacks on individuals or organizations.
• Contest opens September 1 and closes November 1.
• National winners notified by December 31.
• Winners will be notified of award ceremony date.