All links and pdfs on this page open in a new window.
Section 381.00775, Florida Statutes (F.S.), and Chapter 64E-28, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.) require persons seeking licensure as a tattoo artist to complete an educational course approved by the department on blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases and achieving at least 70% on an examination covering the materials in the course.
In addition, these regulations require tattoo artists who hold an active license, registration, or certification issued by a jurisdiction outside of Florida and who are seeking registration as a guest tattoo artist to meet the above mentioned educational course and examination requirements. Tattoo artists, who completed an educational course and achieved a score of at least 70% on the examination which was required for licensure, registration, or certification in that jurisdiction, may request the department to determine if such course and examination is comparable or exceeds those requirements specified in section 64E-28.006, F.A.C. Should the department determine that the educational course and examination requirements in another jurisdiction do not meet or exceed those in section 381.00775(2)(b), F.S., and section 64E-28.006, F.A.C., the applicant must meet the same educational requirements as persons applying for licensure as a tattoo artist.
Submission of proof of completion of this educational course requirement and passing of the examination is only required for initial licensure or registration. There is not a continuing education requirement for renewal of an artist license or re-registration of a guest artist.
Below is a listing of announced department approved educational courses and department approved training providers. Please note that additional courses are currently under review and as they receive approval they will be added to this webpage.
- Alliance of Professional Tattooists - For course schedules call APT Home Office Manager Julie Marschall at (816) 979-1300 or Health and Education Coordinator Don Corah at (260) 414-9694, from 10 AM - 4 PM, Monday through Friday, both inside and outside of Florida. All course participants must show current government issued photo I.D. Course Fee $75.00.
- American Safety Council - Jeff Pairan - Available Online, Instant Access - Florida-based customer service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact Phone: 1-800-292-5080. Contact Email: email@example.com To register Online: www.FloridaOnlineTattooLicense.com To register by Phone 24/7: 1-800-732-4135.
- Anita Robberson, RN - Call or email for schedule - (239)410-6955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - $100 if pre-registered, $125 walk-in. A valid government issued picture ID is required to participate in the course.
- Biologix Solutions LLC - Available Online 24/7 - Course Fee: $55 - Course Duration - 3 hours - instant access after course sign up. Florida mandated student verification system used. Online independent study course. Requires computer and internet access - email - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org telephone # 630-706-0093 or 630-240-0045.
- Body Art Educators, LLC - Schedule varies, please visit the website or call for schedule - Brandon Sommers, David Lockart - 941-799-7981. Class participants must bring a valid government issued photo I.D. for age verification.
- Charme Meison - 16115 SW 117 Avenue, Unit A-27, Miami, Florida 33177. Available Online - Norma Olivera, President - (305) 971-3232 or Fax: (305) 971-2817 email@example.com
- Duval County Health Department - Scheduled Classes - Preregistration Required - Course Fee: $100.00. Cassandra Haverkamp (904) 253-1785. Class participants must bring a copy of a government issued photo identification confirming the individual is at least 18 yeas of age and to confirm identity. Identification cardsmay be a military ID, a state issued driver's license, or a state issued I.D. card.
- First Option Healthcare Consulting, LLC. You may reach Robert Ulery at (727) 686-0182 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Also done on an as needed basis anywhere in the state (travel charge may apply). A valid government issued picture ID is required to participate in the course.
- ICE Training Institute - Call or email to schedule a class at (386) 385-4231. email@example.com. Copy of government issued photo ID required.
- Ian Cherry - (941) - 343-3089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Schedule varies, please visit the website. Based out of Sarasota and can come to you (minimum 6 people). Class participants must bring a valid government issued photo I.D. for age verification.
- International Board of Medicine and Surgery (IBMS) Call Dr. Kalin for schedule at (813) 966-1431 or check the website for online courses. You may also email Dr. Kalin at email@example.com . Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Course begins at (9:30 a.m. $100 if pre-registered, $175 if walk-in. Maximum 75 people. Copy of government issued photo ID required.
- The Master Tattoo Institute - Scheduled Classes -Preregistration Required - Course Fee: $100.00. Class participants must bring a copy of a government issued photo identification confirming the individual is at least 18 yeas of age and to confirm identity. Identification cards may be a military ID, a state issued driver's license, or a state issued I.D. card. Classes vary, call for schedule - Ian Marioles 888-227-9442
- Pegacorn Productions, LLC,- Tampa Bay and Orlando, Fl area. To register call or email for schedule - for Tampa area firstname.lastname@example.org or Orlando area (407) 602-8234 email@example.com . A valid government issued picture ID is required to participate in the course.
- Scared Skin Tattoo Supply - Schedule varies, please visit the website and click on Education and Training services to register or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Thomas Hemingway at (973) 246-2891. Class participants must bring a valid government issued photo I.D. for age verification.
- Total Healthcare Compliance - Call or email Archie Jennings for schedule and cost at (727)-772-5751 or ajthcc@aolcom . John Hashey's Advanced School of Permanent Cosmetics at (813)814-9121 or email@example.com . A valid government issued picture ID is required to participate in the course.
- Total Medical Consultants – 2514 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, FL 33020, (305) 947-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.