EMS Training and Education Programs
Florida has two levels of certification for prehospital providers: Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic.
Students are trained to a national standard to enter the workforce as an entry level provider.
Notice to Students!
Students that enter a paramedic program that is not accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) will no longer be eligible for national EMS certification or reciprocity in states that require national EMS program accreditation.
Accredited and State Approved Paramedic Schools
Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic School Pass/Fail Rates
- Emergency Medical Technician Pass/Fail Rates on the NREMT Exam by School
- Paramedic Pass/Fail Rates on the NREMT Exam by School
Requirements of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Educational Programs
- Meet all applicable requirements of the Florida Department of Education as applicable
- Submit a complete application for Approval of an EMS Training Program - Editable Version
- Successfully demonstrate documentation of course requirements as outlined in Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Code and National EMS Education Standards during on-site visit for each location
Initial Educational and Continuing Education Programs
- Listing of Initial Educational Centers
- Continuing Education Approved by the EMS Program
- Military EMT and Paramedic Certification
- CPR/ACLS Courses Deemed Equivalent to American Heart Association or American Red Cross Courses for EMTs and Paramedics
- Application for Approval as an EMS Training Program - Editable Version
- Continuing Education application - Editable Version
- CPR/ACLS equivalent application
- EMS Webinar Meeting Schedule