EMS Training and Education Programs
Florida has two levels of certification for prehospital providers: Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic.
Students are trained to a national standard to enter the workforce as an entry level provider.
Notice to Paramedic Students!
Students that enter a paramedic program after January 1, 2013 that is not accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP), or in the Letter of Review (LoR) process will be considered "state recognized" only. They will no longer be eligible for national EMS certification or reciprocity in states that require national EMS program accreditation.
Requirements of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Educational Programs
- Meet all applicable requirements of the Florida Department of Education as applicable
- Submit a complete application for Approval of an EMS Training Program - Editable Version
- Successfully demonstrate documentation of course requirements as outlined in Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Code and National EMS Education Standards during on-site visit for each location
Initial Educational and Continuing Education Programs
- Listing of Initial Educational Centers
- Continuing Education Approved by the EMS Program
- Military EMT and Paramedic Certification
- Approved CPR/ACLS Equivalents
- Application for Approval as an EMS Training Program - Editable Version
- Continuing Education application - Editable Version
- CPR/ACLS equivalent application