It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
24 Hours Total are Required for Medical Physicists
To locate board approved CE Courses for Diagnostic Radiological Physicist, please click here.
To locate board approved CE Courses for Therapeutic Radiological Physicist, please click here.
To locate board approved CE Courses for Medical Nuclear Radio Physicist, please click here.
To locate board approved CE Courses for Medical Health Physicist, please click here.
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
CE Requirements for First Time Renewal
- A Medical Physicists renewing a license for the first time has the same requirements as listed above
Board Rule Approved Providers
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American College of Medical Physics (ACMP)
- Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP)
- Health Physics Society (HPS)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Radiological Society of North American (RSNA)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP)
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Individual physicists licensed by the State of Florida can claim a one-time credit per program for an approved program of which they are the presenter
- If you are licensed in more than one of the categories below you are only required to have 24 hours as stated above:
Diagnostic Radiological Physicists
Therapeutic Radiological Physicists
Medical Nuclear Radiological Physicists
Medical Health Physicists
- Physicists-in-training renew annually. 12 hours of continuing education is required annually which should include 2 hours of medical errors. (See Rule Chapter 64B23-7, Florida Administrative Code)
The Department of Health will now verify a practitioners continuing education records in the electronic tracking system at the time of license renewal. Please visit www.CEatRenewal.com for more information. For information on continuing education requirements please review Rule 64B23-2,F.A.C.