It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Council on Radiation Protection
Address: Department of Health
Licensure Support Services
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3260
Fax number: 850-245-4791
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
12 Hours Total are Required for Radiologic Technologist
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|HIV/AIDS Educational Course||1|
HIV/AIDS Educational Course
- You must complete a DOH approved one hour HIV/AIDS update course or read "Florida's Omnibus AIDS Act: A BriefLegal Guide for Health Care Professionals"
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Providers are approved by the Department of Health, Bureau of Radiation Control. A complete list of approved Providers can be found by visiting http://srdappsdoh.doh.state.fl.us/RadTech/CeProviders.aspx
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- No other methods for this profession
- No more than 3 of the 12 CE's may be classified as personal development, which are courses not directly related to your field of practice, such as CPR.
- The balance of hours must be classified as technical radiation protection, equipment operation, etc.
- All continuing education used to renew a certificate must have been earned in the current renewal cycle and the same course cannot be repeated in the same cycle.
- The ASRT submits CE information to FL monthly (approximately mid-month) for their members who hold current Florida certification.
- If you have received your renewal notice and your CE information is not current, you may fax CE to our office at (850) 245-4791. We cannot accept CE from you except during this period.