It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Suspension and Restriction Orders—October 2013
November 08, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 8, 2013
Contact: Communications Office
~ Division of Medical Quality Assurance issues 11 ESO/EROs in October ~
TALLAHASSEE—The Florida Department of Health (DOH) issued 11 Emergency Suspension Orders (ESOs) and Emergency Restriction Orders (EROs) in October for serious violations relating to the commission of crimes, standard of care, drug use, or student loan defaults.
- Tina Bopp, Registered Nurse, Sun City Center
- James Chambers, Licensed Practical Nurse, Tallahassee
- Angel Cody, Certified Nursing Assistant, Saint Augustine
- William Hiers, Registered Nurse, West Palm Beach
- William Lambert, Licensed Practical Nurse, Winter Haven
- Jamie Lavely, Registered Nurse, Orange City
- Susan Lewin, Registered Nurse, Tampa
- Russell Mcdonald, Jr., Certified Nursing Assistant, Crestview
- Anne Miley, Registered Pharmacy Technician, Jacksonville
- Maritza Novas, Registered Nurse, Miami
- Samuel Wahba, Pharmacist, Palm Harbor
To view the most recent ESOs, EROs, Final Orders and Administrative Complaints, please visit https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/FinalOrderNet/default.aspx. For other information on Medical Quality Assurance, including information about enforcement terms or definitions, boards and councils, or the heath care practitioner licensing process, visit http://www.floridahealth.gov/_documents/media-resources/healthcare-licensing/index.html.
Emergency suspension or restriction orders are not considered final agency action. The individual is entitled to a hearing before final action is taken by a regulatory board or by DOH.
The Department works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.