It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Suspension and Restriction Orders—January 2014
February 07, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 7, 2014
Contact: Communications Office
~Division of Medical Quality Assurance issues 20 ESO/EROs in January 2014~
TALLAHASSEE—The Florida Department of Health (DOH) issued 20 Emergency Suspension Orders (ESOs) and Emergency Restriction Orders (EROs) during January for serious violations including the commission of crimes, violations of standards of care, drug use, impairment, drug diversion, sexual misconduct or student loan defaults.
- Jacqueline Miller, Licensed Practical Nurse, Pensacola
- Douglas Beals, Emergency Medical Technician
- Michelle Garren, Registered Nurse, Acworth, GA
- Dwayne Johnson, Dental Radiographer, Jacksonville
- Richard Alonso, Pharmacist, Safety Harbor
- Cal Graves, Physician Assistant, Saint Petersburg
- Tara Conrad, Licensed Practical Nurse, Edgewater
- Jonathan Alvarez, Registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern, Seminole
- Ronald Bruinius, Certified Nursing Assistant/Massage Therapist, Seminole
- Sherry Turnage, Registered Nurse, Milton
- Shannon Delgado, Certified Nursing Assistant, Newport Richey
- Queen Collins, Certified Nursing Assistant, Saint Petersburg
- Antonio Hernandez-Olivier, Certified Nursing Assistant, Tampa
- Bradley Harper, Registered Nurse, Jacksonville
- Chris Lane, Physician Assistant, Lady Lake
- Patricia Canard, Registered Nurse, Gainesville
- Deborah Karstedt, Registered Nurse, Alva
- Dora Moreira, Registered Nurse, Miami
- Sharon Hart, Registered Nurse, Port Charlotte
- Kaj Heisler, Licensed Practical Nurse, Citrus Springs
To view the most recent ESOs, EROs, Final Orders and Administrative Complaints, please visit https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/FinalOrderNet/default.aspx?searchtype=ERSO. For other information on Medical Quality Assurance, including information about enforcement terms or definitions, boards and councils, or the health care practitioner licensing process, visit http://newsroom.doh.state.fl.us/category/healthcare-licensing/.
Emergency suspension or restriction orders are not considered final agency action. The individual is entitled to a hearing before final action is taken by a regulatory board or by the Department.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.