It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Suspension and Restriction Orders—March 2014
April 04, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 4, 2014
Contact: Communications Office
~Division of Medical Quality Assurance issues 24 ESO/EROs in March 2014~
TALLAHASSEE—The Florida Department of Health issued 24 Emergency Suspension Orders (ESOs) and Emergency Restriction Orders (EROs) during March for serious violations including the commission of crimes, violations of standards of care, drug use, impairment, drug diversion and sexual misconduct or student loan defaults.
- Danielle Marie Bell, Registered Nurse, Tampa
- Kelly Lynn Berlin, Registered Nurse, Brooksville
- Jesse Clinton Black, Registered Nurse, Titusville
- Richard Brinker, Dentist, Liverpool, New York
- Margaret Elaine Britt, Registered Nurse, Minneola
- Terra Lynn Bruce, Certified Nursing Assistant, Dunedin
- Pamela Agnes Duffy, Registered Nurse, Ponte Vedra Beach
- Tequila Gordon, Certified Nursing Assistant, St. Petersburg
- Katie B. Hernandez, Certified Nursing Assistant, Tampa
- Jeffrey S. Hendricks, Certified Nursing Assistant, Sarasota
- Chad Ray Huthnance, Licensed Practical Nurse, New Port Richey
- Alvaro Jose Jarquin, Medical Doctor, Winter Haven
- Lasha R. Leonard, Certified Nursing Assistant, Marianna
- David Nickell, Registered Nurse, Palatka and Palm Coast
- Nikhil R. Patel, Certified Nursing Assistant, Orlando
- Sharon Louise Proctor, Registered Nurse, Cape Coral
- Amy Lynn Smith, Certified Nursing Assistant, North Port
- Garrick Larson Smith, Registered Nurse, Venice
- Denise Smithgall, Certified Radiologic Technologist, Odessa
- Samantha Lynn Stumler, Registered Pharmacy Technician, Jacksonville
- Heather N. Villarreal, Licensed Practical Nurse, Clearwater
- William E.M. Whatley, Pharmacist, New Smyrna Beach
- Nathan Charles Williams, Registered Nurse, Gainesville
- Charles Yahn, Registered Nurse, Port Saint Lucie
To view the most recent ESOs, EROs, Final Orders and Administrative Complaints, click here. For other information on Medical Quality Assurance, including information about enforcement terms or definitions, boards and councils, or the health care practitioner licensing process, visit www.FlHealthSource.gov.
Emergency Suspension or Restriction Orders are not considered final agency action. The individual is entitled to a hearing before final action is taken by a regulatory board or by the Department.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
For more information about the Florida Department of Health please visit www.floridahealth.gov.