Contact the Florida WIC Program
Bureau of WIC Program Services
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A16
Tallahassee FL 32399
Breastfeeding: The Gift that Keeps on Giving
- Breastfeeding helps develop strong mother-child relationships.
- Mothers who breastfeed are healthier, with less risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Breastfeeding provides children with the nutrients and immunities for the best physical and mental development.
- Families who breastfeed save money on food, medical bills, and dental care.
- Employers and communities benefit from healthier infants and children and less parent absenteeism from work.
Exclusive Breastfeeding: The Gold Standard for Feeding Babies.
Exclusively Breastfed Babies:
- Do not get sick as often.
- Have fewer allergies.
- Have less chance of becoming overweight or obese.
- Have less chance of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Have lower rates of diabetes, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and asthma.
Moms Who Breastfeed:
- Feel a special closeness to their babies.
- Have less risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Lose their pregnancy weight sooner.
- Save time since there are no bottles to prepare.
- Save money in doctor and hospital visits.