Training and Exercise: Quality Assurance Review
The Quality Assurance Review process has been established to evaluate and track the appropriateness and effectiveness of the preparedness trainings and exercises supported by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) and Public Health Preparedness (PHP) grant funds and offered throughout Florida for those in public health and medical preparedness and response.
Q & A Review Criteria
Trainings and Exercises that MUST be reviewed
- Preparedness trainings and exercises targeting statewide or multi-state audiences or more than one region; and/or
- Preparedness trainings and exercises sponsored by the Florida Department of Health and supported by or utilizing resources (including preparedness funded positions) provided through CDC and/or ASPR grant funds
Trainings and Exercises that will NOT be reviewed
- Trainings and exercises for individual county health departments, hospitals and other organizations, designed to meet their specific needs
- Federal training courses (i.e., FEMA's ICS courses)
- Federal exercises
- Expedited trainings or exercises developed as part of a declared Public Health Emergency under the direction and review of a Public Health Incident Management Team and appropriate subject matter experts. Materials developed will be shared with the Quality Assurance Tier Review Committee but are not held to the same process deadlines.
Questions & Answers
Q. Can I get help with developing a training/exercise?
A. Yes. The Training and Exercise Section is here to support, mentor and guide you through the process. Send an email asking for assistance to PHMP.TrainEX@flhealth.gov
Q. Are there resources to assist with developing a training and/or exercise?
A. Yes. Select the “Resource” button and you will be able to download documents.
Q. I am ready to submit a training and/or exercise for tier review. What is the process and what should I submit?
A. Once you submit your training and/or exercise, the documents are compiled and sent to the Tier I Committee for review. The review is scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of each month. The following documents should be submitted for each training and/or exercise:
PowerPoint or other Presentations
Operations-Based (drills, functional, or full scale)
Discussion-Based (games, seminars, tabletops, workshops)
Instructor Guide (for instructor-led courses)
Exercise Evaluation Guides (EEGs)
Exercise Evaluation Guides (EEGs) (if applicable)
Master Scenario Event List
Pre and Post-test or other learning evaluations tools
PowerPoint or other Presentation
Feedback or Evaluation Forms
Other documents that support the training
Other documents to support the exercise
Review Schedule and Submission Deadlines
|Submission Deadline||Tier 1 Review Date|
|Jan. 2020-N/A||Jan. 2020-N/A|
Trainings and exercises that are approved by Tier I will be submitted for review to the Tier II Committee for final approval. Tier II Committee (Program Preparedness Council) members meet the 1st week of each month.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.