Until Help Arrives Training
- Respond to a manmade or natural disaster, or any other life-threatening emergency.
- Provide basic initial care and other assistance to supervisors prior to the arrival of uniformed emergency responders. This includes learning how to help someone who is:
- has a blocked airway;
- not breathing;
- has a burn;
- has hyperthermia/heat illness;
- is drowning.
- Offer support and comfort to individuals harmed by the emergency.
- Convey information and collaborate with emergency responders.
- Identify additional training, tools and other resources to enhance their response skills.
Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign and call-to-action. Stop the Bleed is intended to cultivate grassroots efforts that encourage bystanders to become trained, equipped, and empowered to help in a bleeding emergency before professional help arrives.
For more information, please visit the DOH Stop the Bleed Webpage