Ordering VFC Program Vaccines
The Immunization Program follows industry best practice method, Economic Order Quantity (EOQ), to manage publicly-funded vaccine orders and distribution more effectively. EOQ balances provider order size, order frequency, the timing of orders, and storage and handling to minimize costs and improve efficiencies as orders flow through the system.
EOQ assigns a vaccine order frequency (i.e., monthly, bimonthly, and quarterly) based on the size of the population served with VFC Program-funded vaccine and two-week order windows within the given ordering frequencies (i.e., first-half of a specific month, second-half of a specific month) to smooth out the order flow nationwide.
Vaccine order frequency is how often providers should place a vaccine order (refer to the chart below).
|Order Frequency||Doses Per Year|
|Monthly (high volume)||6,000 plus|
|Bimonthly (medium volume)||800–5,999|
|Quarterly (low volume)||200–799|
|As-Is (very low volume)||0–199|
Two-week order window refers to either the first- or second-half of the month. If your order frequency is monthly, you have a specific half of the month to place your VFC Program-funded vaccine order. If your order frequency is bimonthly or quarterly, we will give you a specific month and a specific window (first or second half of that specific month) during that month to place your VFC Program-funded vaccine order.
Please use the chart below to determine when your scheduled VFC Program orders are due. If you do not know your assigned ordering tier, then please log on to your Florida SHOTS account and review your order history. Your assigned tier is on the previous order requests.
|Tier||Schedule||Place Vaccine Request 1st through 15th of|
|M1||Monthly||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
|B1||Bimonthly||January, March, May, July, September, November|
|B2||Bimonthly||February, April, June, August, October, December|
|Q1||Quarterly||January, April, July, October|
|Q2||Quarterly||February, May, August, November|
|Q3||Quarterly||March, June, September, December|
|Tier||Schedule||Place Vaccine Request 16th through 31st of|
|M2||Monthly||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
|B3||Bimonthly||January, March, May, July, September, November|
|B4||Bimonthly||February, April, June, August, October, December|
|Q4||Quarterly||January, April, July, October|
|Q5||Quarterly||February, May, August, November|
|Q6||Quarterly||March, June, September, December|
Tips for ordering VFC Program Vaccines
- Account for all doses of VFC Program vaccines used since your last ordering period.
- As your vaccine arrives, verify that your vaccine packing slip contains a listing of all vaccines received. Providers may receive large vaccine shipments in multiple deliveries within the same day or next day.
- Ensure that you have sufficient inventory on hand at the time you place your vaccine order.
- Ensure your Vaccine Report Form is filled out accurately and completely.
- If you encounter any problem with your vaccine shipment, please contact a VFC Program representative immediately at 1-877-888-7468.
- Notify the VFC Program of any change to your address, delivery times, or office hours to ensure your vaccine shipment is sent to the correct address or delivered at the appropriate times.
- Please do not include private vaccines in your inventory.
- Refer to your last vaccine order when compiling information for your new order.
- Remember to order in multiples of 10 doses (NOT boxes).