It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
PIER Committee (Public Information Education Relations)
A Florida EMS Advisory Council Committee
EMSAC Mission: To facilitate and promote the best emergency medical care to the residents and visitors of Florida.
EMSAC Vision: A uniform EMS system that provides evidence-based prehospital care to the people of Florida and serves as the recognized leader in EMS response nationwide.
EMSAC Values: Customer service and satisfaction, public welfare and safety, collaboration, ethics, quality improvement, evidence-based medicine and education.
PIER - EMS State Tool Objectives (I-IV)
General access to helpful information:
Department of Health & Human Services Factsheet (new window)on Opiod Crisis
Center for Disease Control (CDC)What the public needs to know (new window)
Drug Enforcement Administration (new window) (DEA)
Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration
II. Motor Vehicles
Florida Department of Transportation Safety Programs (new window)
- Community Traffic Safety Teams (new window)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (new window)
- Traffic Safety Marketing (new window) site by NHTSA
- FDOT Bike/Pedestrian page (new window)
- Alert Today Florida (new window)
- WalkWise (new window) Community Education Program
- Safe Routes to School (new window)
Adult Passenger Safety
- CarFit program / certification (new window)
Teen Safe Driver
- Florida Teen Safe Driver Coalition (new window)
- Florida Highway Safety Motor Vehicle Click it or Ticket (new window)
- CDC on Seat Belts (new window)
- SAFEKIDS Worldwide Seat Belt safety for children (new window)
III. Falls Prevention
STEADI Toolkit (new window) CDC online training for health care providers
National Council on Aging (new window)
Senior focused exercise programs that may be available in your local region:
Best Practice Flyer: Trauma Agency Health-Care District Palm Beach County (Can be used as a training guide)
Florida Department of Health Injury Prevention – Drowning Prevention Links page
www.waterproofFL.com (new window)
Best Practice Coalitions:
- Drowning Prevention Coalition of Palm Beach County (new window)
- WaterSmart Palm Beach County (new window)
- WaterSmart Broward County (new window)