It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Federal Disability Laws Including Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
While the Americans with Disabilities Act is the most widely known of the Federal disability rights laws, it is by no means the only one or the most important one. There are a whole host of other laws that persons who are deaf or hard of hearing might want to know about. The Department of Justice's Guide to Disability Rights Laws. General sources of disability rights information, statute citations, and the following laws are covered in the Guide in addition to the ADA. Every disability rights law is not covered in the Guide. The guide is not intended to substitute for the advise of a qualified and licensed legal professional.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- ADA Regulations and Technical Assistance Manuals
- ADA Complaint Form
- ADA Communications Guide for Law Enforcement
- ADA Guide to Law Enforcement Model Policy
- Telecommunications Act
- Fair Housing Act
- Air Carrier Access Act
- Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act
- National Voter Registration Act
- Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Section 503 Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Architectural Barriers Act