- Florida’s System for Cancer Research and Collaboration
- Research on Cancer and Tobacco-related Diseases
- Research on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Funding Opportunity Announcements
- List of Active Research Projects
- Cancer Center of Excellence Designation
- Human Research Protection Program and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Submit IRB Applications
- Information for Research Participants
- Research Excellence Initiative
Public Health Research
The Florida Department of Health is preparing to release a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) in response to Governor Scott's authorization of $25 million for Zika research. We encourage you to inform researchers at your institution about this this new opportunity and watch for emails with further information in the near future. The focus of this research grant funding is noted in the press release linked above. If you have any questions, please send them to Research@flhealth.gov.
The Unit administers the following programs and initiatives:
- Announcement of Amendment to the FY 2016-2017 James and Esther King FOA
- FAQ's for the Ed and Ethel Moore Alzheimer's Disease Research Program (as of April 2016)
- List of FY 15-16 Awards
- Press Release - January 28, 2016
- Announcement of Funding Opportunity
The Human Research Protection Program, including a committee called an Institutional Review Board that ensures research is ethical and that participants in all research at the Department of Health are protected.
Cancer Center of Excellence Award is a program created in the 2013 Session intended to improve the quality of cancer care by recognizing hospitals, treatment centers, and other providers in this state which demonstrate excellence in patient-centered coordinated care for persons undergoing cancer treatment and therapy in this state.
The Florida System for Cancer Research and Collaboration , an initiative designed to develop a premier research network in Florida, make Florida the designation for cancer care, and integrate public health and private sector cancer prevention efforts.