Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
30 Hours Total are Required for School Psychologist
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|Domestic Violence||2||Must be completed every third biennium|
CE Requirements for First Time Renewal
- School Psychologists renewing a license for the first time and were licensed in the first year of the biennium you must complete a total of 15 hours. Included in the 15 must be 2 hours of Medical Errors
- If you are renewing your license for the first time and you were licensed in the second year of the biennium you only have to complete 2 hours of Medical Error
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Courses approved by the Department of Health listed in CE Broker
- Courses approved by the American Psychological Association (APA), or its approved providers, which includes the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Preparing to teach a continuing education program.
- A maximum of 10 hours for being a presenter or moderator of a program designed for continuing education, on a one time basis for programs where they are actually in attendance for the complete program
The Department of Health will now verify a practitioners continuing education records in the electronic tracking system at the time of license renewal. Please visit www.CEatRenewal.com for more information. For information on continuing education requirements please review Rule 64B21-502,F.A.C.