- Contact Information
- Related Links and Helpful Websites
- Lead Alert Network - Consumer Product Alerts and Recalls
- Educational Materials
- Information for Homeowners about Lead
- Reporting Requirements
- Laboratory Lead Reporting Requirements
- Practitioner Lead Reporting Requirements
- Information for Health Care Providers
- Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP)
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Data and Statistics
- Information for Parents and Caregivers
- Adult Lead Poisoning
- County Screening Maps
About the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
Florida's Lead Poisoning Prevention Program conducts surveillance of blood lead testing and poisonings in the state, promotes blood lead screening for high-risk populations, and provides information to health care providers, individuals, and businesses on lead poisoning prevention.
The program activities include:
- Surveillance and Epidemiology
- Lead Poisoning Investigation
- Primary Prevention
- Coordination of Care
- Lead Safety and RRP (Renovation, Reporting, and Painting)
- Strategic Partnership
The program is authorized under the following state and federal rules and / or statues.
- The Florida Lead Poisoning Prevention Screening & Education Act, section 381.985.
- The United States Lead Contamination Control Act of 1988
- The United States Toxic Chemical Control Act
- The United States Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act (Title X)
If you have a question about services related to lead poisoning in your community, contact your County Health Department.
For questions about the state program contact the Florida Lead Poisoning Prevention Program