Tattoo Establishment Licensure Requirements
All tattoo establishments require licensure. A person may not operate a tattoo establishment in this state without a license.
Effective January 1, 2013 any person operating an unlicensed tattoo establishment will be subject to administrative penalties.
Licensure of a tattoo establishment requires submission of the following items:
- Completed *Application for Tattoo Establishment License($200)
- Pass inspection in compliance with sections 381.00771-381.00791, Florida Statutes (F.S.), The Practice of Tattooing and Chapter 64E-28, ,F.A.C.) .
- Contact city/county for potential need for business tax receipt
- Completed *Biomedical Waste Permit($85)
* Submit all forms/fees to your local Coordinator
Temporary Establishment Licensure Requirements
Temporary establishments must meet the same operational requirements of a tattoo establishment, including handsinks, as well as the requirements of section 64E-28.008, F.A.C.
Temporary establishment licenses are issued in conjunction with a convention or other similar event and cannot exceed fourteen (14) consecutive days.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.