Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
30 Hours Total are Required for Dietetics and Nutrition
To locate board approved CE Courses for Nutrition Counselor, please click here.
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
* 10 hours must be live courses.
|Human Trafficking||1||Each licensee or certificate holder shall complete a board-approved, 1 hour continuing education course on human trafficking. The course may be included in the total general hours required and must be completed by January 1, 2021. Required in accordance with Section 456.0641, Florida Statutes.|
Webinars are considered to be "live" courses if interaction with the instructor is available to the participant.
CE Requirements for First Time Renewal
- Dietitian and Nutritionist renewing a license for the first time and were licensed in the first year of the biennium are required to complete 25 general (which includes 10 live hours), 2 medical error and 3 HIV/AIDS.
- Dietitian and Nutritionist renewing a license for the first time and were licensed in the second year of the biennium are required to complete 3 HIV/AIDS and 2 medical error.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- AMA Liason Committee for Medical Education
- Public Health Service, state or territorial health services or a branch of the United Stated Armed Services College courses from an approved graduate or undergraduate program accredited by an accrediting agency approved by the Department of Education
- Courses approved by any Board within the Division of Medical Quality Assurance which relates to maintaining skills necessary for the safe and competent practice of dietetics and nutrition services
- All other approved courses are listed in CEBroker
- Courses offered by or approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Attendance for a minimum of two hours at a public meeting of the Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council
- Serve as an expert witness
- A lecture or author presenting or authoring for the initial presentation of a Board approved CE Program
- Pro Bono Services
The Department of Health will now verify a practitioners continuing education records in the electronic tracking system at the time of license renewal. Please visit www.CEatRenewal.com for more information. For information on continuing education requirements please review Rule 64B8-45,F.A.C.