Dietetics and Nutrition
Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals
The Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council is an advisory council under the supervision of the Board of Medicine and was legislatively established to ensure that every dietitian, nutritionist or nutrition counselor practicing in this state meets minimum requirements for safe practice. The Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council is responsible for licensing, monitoring and educating dietitians, nutritionists, and nutrition counselors to assure competency and safety to practice in Florida. The Board of Medicine is responsible for any required disciplinary action.
New MQA Online Services Portal is Here
When you use the new MQA Online Services Portal for the first time, you will be required to register for a new user account and link your existing health care licenses or previously submitted applications to your account. This is a one-time process that takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Just follow these five easy steps:
- Get started. Visit www.FLHealthSource.govand select ACCOUNT LOGIN from the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Register for a new user account.Click “CREATE NEW APPLICANT ACCOUNT”. Once on the registration screen, follow the prompts for new user registration using a valid, active email address.
- Confirm your account.Check your email and locate the email containing your new account user ID and temporary password.
- Login to your new account.Using your temporary password and user ID provided in the email, log in to your account. You will be prompted to create a new password for your account. Enter the temporary password in the “Old Password” field and create a new password based on the provided guidelines.
- Link your license to your account.Once logged in, you will be prompted to link any existing health care licenses and previously submitted applications to your account or apply for a new license. Follow the MQA Online Quick Start prompts to link, or onboard, your license or application using your social security number, date of birth, and mailing address zip code. If you are a new applicant, select “No” and follow the prompts to apply for a health care practitioner license.
The portal provides access to updated features such as requesting a name change or status change online, adding a secondary practice location, changing a password without having to call and submitting all the required documentation for your license online rather than having to send it by mail.
For more information, detailed guides and frequently asked questions, please visit www.FLHealthSource.gov/mqa-services.
Protect Your License. Know the Law.
Many dietitian/nutritionists or nutrition counselors facing discipline by the Board of Medicine claim they did not know.
Not knowing does not alleviate accountability. Become familiar with the Grounds for Discipline found in Section 456.072(1), Florida Statutes (F.S.), and possible Disciplinary Actions found in the Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Act – Section 468.518, F.S.
Notice to Licensees About FraudulentDocuments
The Florida Department of Health (DOH) is aware that documents purportedly originating from DOH requesting information of a sensitive nature have been received by members of the public. These documents request licensees share information that may be used to commit fraud against a licensee or patient. DOH is committed to protecting the integrity of DOH licensees and consumers. The DOH Office of Inspector General is in contact with the Agency for Health Care Administration and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate fraud perpetrated on our licensees.
Should you receive a document that appears to be from DOH, but you believe may be fraudulent, you may contact your local law enforcement agency or you may contact DOH at 850-488-0595 for instructions on how to proceed. Your cooperation and assistance is vital in protecting the continued integrity of DOH licensees and our consumers.