Dietetic and Nutrition
Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals
The Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council is an advisory council under the supervision of the Board of Medicine and was legislatively established to ensure that every dietitian, nutritionist or nutrition counselor practicing in this state meets minimum requirements for safe practice. The Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council is responsible for licensing, monitoring, disciplining and educating dietitians, nutritionists, and nutrition counselors to assure competency and safety to practice in Florida.
Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council Vacancy
The Florida Board of Medicine’s Dietetic and Nutrition Practice Council is currently soliciting applications to fill two Professional Member vacancies. Please visit the council vacancy page to read more and apply.
New MQA Online Services Portal is Here
When you use the new MQA Online Services Portal for the first time, you will be required to register for a new user account and link your existing health care licenses or previously submitted applications to your account. This is a one-time process that takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Just follow these five easy steps:
- Get started. Visit www.FLHealthSource.gov and select ONLINE SERVICES from the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Register for a new user account. Click "REGISTER" and select your Board and Profession from the dropdown menu (Note: not all boards and professions are available for registration at this time). Once on the registration screen, follow the prompts for new user registration using a valid, active email address.
- Confirm your account. Check your email and locate the email containing your new account user ID and temporary password.
- Login to your new account. Using your temporary password and user ID provided in the email, log in to your account. You will be prompted to create a new password for your account. Enter the temporary password in the “Old Password” field and create a new password based on the provided guidelines.
- Link your license to your account. Once logged in, you will be prompted to link any existing health care licenses and previously submitted applications to your account or apply for a new license. Follow the MQA Online Quick Start prompts to link, or onboard, your license or application using your social security number, date of birth, and mailing address zip code. If you are a new applicant, select "No" and follow the prompts to apply for a health care practitioner license.
Once you have registered and linked your health care practitioner license(s) or application(s) to your user account, you will have a streamlined, more user-friendly online services experience. The new portal provides access to updated features such as requesting a name change or status change online, adding a secondary practice location, changing a password without having to call and submitting all of the required documentation for your license online rather than having to send it by mail.
For more information, detailed guides and frequently asked questions, please visit www.FLHealthSource.gov/mqa-services.
Protect Your License. Know the Law.
Many dietitian/nutritionists or nutrition counselors facing discipline by the Board of Medicine claim they did not know.
Not knowing does not alleviate accountability. Become familiar with the Grounds for Discipline found in Section 456.072(1), Florida Statutes (F.S.), and possible Disciplinary Actions found in the Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Act – Section 468.518, F.S.
Information on Ebola Virus DiseaseThe state of Florida is prepared to identify and treat patients who may have Ebola Virus Disease (EVD). In the event that a patient with EVD is diagnosed in Florida, the Florida Department of Health will collaborate with healthcare partners to ensure appropriate patient care, protocols for isolation, infection control and the assessment of risk to relevant individuals.
For further information on the Ebola Virus Disease visit the Department of Health’s online newsroom or website.
Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council VacancyThe Florida Board of Medicine’s Dietetic and Nutrition Practice Council is currently soliciting applications for a consumer member over 60 years old. Learn more about this vacancy.
Notice to Licensees About Fraudulent Documents
The Florida Department of Health (DOH) is aware that documents purportedly originating from DOH requesting information of a sensitive nature have been received by members of the public. These documents request licensees share information that may be used to commit fraud against a licensee or patient. DOH is committed to protecting the integrity of DOH licensees and consumers. The DOH Office of Inspector General is in contact with the Agency for Health Care Administration and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate fraud perpetrated on our licensees.
Should you receive a document that appears to be from DOH, but you believe may be fraudulent, you may contact your local law enforcement agency or you may contact DOH at 850-488-0595 for instructions on how to proceed. Your cooperation and assistance is vital in protecting the continued integrity of DOH licensees and our consumers.